Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eggless Gluten-Free Meatballs

So, as I stated at the beginning of this thing I'm not much of a vegetarian. I just really enjoy diversity in my diet and I like the gluten-free options and corn-free and dairy-free options of vegetarian and vegan cooking. Plus, I have a friend who has egg allergies but also likes meat. So things that are egg-free regardless of meat content are good news.

1/2 llb ground beef/turkey/lamb/whatever you like
1 cup quinoa flakes
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt, pepper and other italian herbs to taste
3 tbsp ground flax meal

In a small bowl mix 3 tbsp water with 1 tbsp flax meal. Let sit for five minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix quinoa and Italian spices. When flax is ready add ground meat and flax, mixing throughly . Form into balls the size of your choice. I like them smaller so I feel less guilty about eating more of them.

Brown the meatballs in a sauté pan. Then turn the heat to medium and cover, letting them cook through.

There you have it, the easy edition to gluten free pasta. . . that's equally tasty.

No comments: