Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Product Review: Soy Yogurt


Soy yogurt was something that I used to find myself unable to tolerate. It was soupy. Grainy. Flavorless. It was just not tasty. And it certainly didn't taste like yogurt.

I had switched to goat yogurt - which I still find to be a delicious alternative to dairy if you can handle goat products. But recently because of the high pollen count this year I had to seriously think about giving soy another go. So I did.

I am not quite sure what changed, but something did. It's tasty. The texture is right. The flavors are good. And it's a nice healthy alternative to dairy if you can't have it. Besides, when I eat key lime flavored yogurt its almost like desert. So, if you can't have dairy treat yourself to this!

As far as brands go, you'll have to give the ones near you a try. For a long while we only had Silk, and now we have silk and stonyfield and that's about it. If you find one you like better, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: